A friend asked me a question about which airline credit card might be best for them for an upcoming trip. I shared some thoughts with him but afterwards thought I should probably do some research so that I might offer a better answer.
First, which airline credit card you use should probably be for the airline that you currently fly with or plan on using for a trip once you have accumulated the necessary miles.
Second, I would look at what additional benefits the card might offer: free checked baggage, discounts, priority boarding, etc.
In my research I found an American Express Deal for Delta SkyMiles that might be worth considering. American Express is offering the Delta Gold SkyMiles card on a promotion through September 8th with a 50,000 mile bonus (normally 30,000 miles). In addition there are other nice benefits that come with the card:
– 50,000 bonus is credited to your account after you spend $1000 during the first 3 months.
– The $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
– You receive a $50 statement credit.
– You get your first checked bag free for you and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation.
– You get double miles on Delta purchases.
– You get 20% discount on In-Flight purchases.
– You receive priority boarding for yourself and companions on the same reservation.
– You can use “pay with miles” to offset some or all of a paid ticket.
– Reduced rate on 1-day pass to the SkyClub.
– No foreign currency exchange fees.
This card is available in both the Personal and Business versions.
More details can be found at http://www.262.americanexpress.com